Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The First Post...I just found out about my comps


...and I've unofficially passed!!!

There was some mix-up with the Score ID portion and somehow my history and theory exams were graded (passed those, as well), but Score ID did not. I received word yesterday that enough of the Scores have returned with a grade and I have a minimum of 42 points (could be 6 out of the 7 I answered could be 5, but who cares).

Barring any major mistakes and assuming I pass the three specialized comps in the fall (which I should), I'll finally begin my last full year (hopefully) as a student.

I've been school without breaks (excluding summer and winter, of course) since September 1988. 12 Years of primary and secondary school. 4 years of college. 2 years for my masters. And I begin my fourth year as a doctoral student this fall.

If all goes well, one year from now, I'll hopefully be holding a piece of 70 lb. paper with the words "...has conferred upon HERMES CASILLAN CAMACHO the degree of Doctor of Musical Arts in Composition..."

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment