Friday, July 31, 2009

Random...

I think they need to invent a word for this phenomenon:

Whenever I get a new follower on Twitter, I'll usually click on their profile to see if they're for real or if it's just some solicitor type thing. A new follower popped up a couple of days ago and it turns out it was a real person whom I didn't know.

I searched for this person's name to check out their profile. To protect the innocent, let's say this person's name was Michael Smith. When I searched for this person, I mistyped it, Michelle Smith. What popped in the search were two people not at all connected with Michael Smith, one of which had just tweeted about how strange and cool Davis, California was, my hometown...how random, no?

Okay, maybe on paper it's not that interesting (or at least it was one of this, "you had to be there" moments"), but still...

...it blew my mind. I think I will call this phenomenon/coincidence thing "Charlie."

I didn't capture the look on my face when this happened, but I'm pretty sure it looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment