Monday, August 10, 2009

Golf...

...is not meant to be played by human beings. I hack away at this tiny little ball in hopes that it goes a particular distance to go into a tiny little hole. It's expensive, it's picky, and you can never beat the course.

But I'm hooked! Argh!!! Now I can see why people love/hate this game so much. You just keep coming back. The course just mocks you every time, even when you do well. It's the voice of Gilbert Godfrey (the AFLAC duck...or is it a goose?) telling you how much cooler he is than you while also telling "Yo' Mama" jokes. Really bad ones. It just grates at you and humiliates you.

At least for today, I give up. This game is just too damn hard. It's just not possible. No human can play this game.

Except for Tiger Woods. But he's a freak.

Ahhhhh! I'm hooked.

GOLF: I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, I am thinking about picking up golf. I think it would help me achieve my goal of becoming a rich white man (gotta support the composing somehow). :)

    ReplyDelete